Banana Chocolate Protein Loaf

I quickly made this banana chocolate protein loaf and posted a picture on my Instagram, and a few people have asked for the recipe.






To be honest, I kind of just chucked everything in and hoped for the best. Here is a round-about summary of what I did...kinda.

Warning : This is not one for people who like very specific measurements and timings!

What you need:

  • Mixing bowl
  • Electric whisk... or a wooden spoon and strong arm muscles
  • A loaf tin
  • A spatula for scooping out the batter as the mixture is quite thick
  • Fry light spray for greasing the loaf tin

Ingredients:

  • 2 over-ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs (or just egg whites if you want to be super healthy)
  • 2 scoops vanilla (or chocolate) whey protein powder (I used Phd Diet Whey in Vanilla Creme)
  • 'some' low fat Greek yogurt; 1 big spoonful was all I had left (you could use natural yogurt, but Greek yogurt is higher in protein)
  • 3/4 cup porridge oats
  • 1/4 cup of Stevia (or an alternate powdered sweetener, this can be done 'to taste' really)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
  • about a tea spoon of cinnamon


Then after I tasted it I also threw in:

  • some flaxseed, I just poured until I felt like it was enough
  • some dark cooking chocolate.... I used a rolling pin to smash this up, I used whatever I had left which was around 9 squares, I saved half to put on the top before baking
  • some peanut butter... about a tablespoon (I used whole earth crunchy peanut butter as it has no added sugar and is 97% peanuts. Although this contains good fat, keeping you fuller for longer and tastes like heaven... I love PB)



Now I know that this sounds completely un-measured and random, and that it because it was. I have made banana bread a lot of times before and always adapt the recipe to suit what I have in the cupboards at the time.



Method:

  • Chuck it all in a bowl and whisk the hell out of it!!
  • Taste the mix and then add any other ingredients you fancy - nuts, sultanas... anything really
  • Use the spatula to transfer the mixture into the loaf tin, adding any remaining chocolate chunks to the top
  • Bake on gas mark 4 for about 25-30 mins, or until the top goes golden brown and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

It's great with extra peanut butter on top.


Go on, give it a go and let me know how yours turns out. Good luck!


Peace & love xo